Monday, August 24, 2009

Welcome to My World

For those of you who are reading this blog hoping to 1) find out what John Maynard Keynes (of the original Keynesian Model) has been up to from the grave, or what his followers have been up to; 2) discover new insights into economics that will change your world and your pocketbook, or the pocketbook of the world; or 3) notify me that I have spelled "Keynesian" wrong in the title of my blog...let me save you some time.

I am NOT an economics expert -- far from it, I'm afraid.  And this blog will have absolutely, unequivocally, NOTHING to do with economics -- unless you count the occasional bemoaning of my own empty wallet or the fact that I have lots of demand and no supply.  I'm just a regular, average human being who understands very little about the way money works but instead has spent her life knee-deep in the Humanities, particularly literature, art, and philosophy, and understands considerably more about the way people work, and I figured this was a good chance to share some of my observations.  I also happen to have a very unfortunate (or fortunate, depends on how you look at it) name (Keynsian, which is spelled correclty) that comes from a mother who, unfortunately, was taking an economics class when she was pregnant with me.  As the story goes, she wasn't paying much attention to the class until the teacher mentioned John Maynard Keynes and his brilliant Keynesian model, and apparently she thought that was the most beautiful name she'd ever heard.  So there you have it.  Thank god she wasn't taking chemistry -- I could've been "Isotope" -- or European History ("Visigoth").  But that would just be silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment