Wednesday, May 12, 2010

When Things Fall Into Place

Lately I've been thinking a lot about how the universe works, and about the Law of Attraction. Despite what I know about how you have to give off light to attract it, it's always a struggle for me. I have to keep reminding myself to think positively, and I constantly catch myself slipping back into "woe is me" sort of negative thoughts.

Today I had a sort of epiphany: everyone struggles with this same concept. I don't think maintaining a regiment of positive thought is easy for anyone. And in the end it's our intention that matters, moreso than our actual output. I was getting overwhelmed with anxiety that I was sending out negative energy into the world, despite my best efforts at avoiding that, to the point where I had become afraid to feel "bad." But I realized that 1)it's ok to feel bad sometimes, and 2)feeling bad doesn't automatically mean bad things will happen to you -- it's your intention and your reaction that matter. Allowing yourself the space to feel whatever you're feeling is an important step in getting yourself to the point where you can see the positive and reflect that positivity back to the universe. You can't have the yin without the yang, and vice versa.

Recently some key aspects of my life have clicked into place. Without really much searching, I found a very sweet housing situation -- one which met all of the criteria I had laid out for my "perfect house" -- including cost. And now, it seems, the same can be said of my job situation. I can't say it's happened without much searching -- or anxiety and doom, for that matter -- but I can say that I'm entering one of those moments when I'm seeing first-hand that things happen for a reason. The universe puts you where you need to be until everything falls into place and you're ready to "move."

So this weekend I'll be doing a lot of moving, in many senses of the word.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, good woman! Now write that down and read it next time things seem a bit underwhelming.
    Its also worth noticing that you can feel totally down, then realise that in fact nothing bad has actually happened since you felt ok and on top of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true...

    I would really like to experience just being "whelmed" one of these days! :-D

    ReplyDelete