Monday, February 1, 2010

More Fun from Laundry Day

So I thought I'd include for your reading pleasure a partial transcript of the conversation that took place between the laundry girl and her dad on Skype (see "Criminally Mediocre" below). I wrote this down because...well, I'm a writer, and writers do weird stuff like that:

Girl: Hey, Dad! I'm at the laundromat.
Dad: What? Why are you getting a new doormat?
Girl: Huh? No...laundromat. I'm doing laundry.
Dad: Oh. What's the quandary?
Girl:
No...Dad...I said LAUNDRY!!!
Dad:
Oh, laundry, right. Hey, I hope you're not washing your underwear there. [**personal thought: I hope she is...or at least washing them somewhere]
Girl: Dad! WTF? Other people can hear you, you know! [**personal thought: of course other people can hear him, you moron, which would be one of the many reasons I would not choose the laundromat as the forum for my Skype convo. Just sayin'.]
Dad: What does WTF mean?
Girl: Dad, I gotta go.
Dad: What did I say? I just asked a simple question.
Girl: I'm hanging up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment