Friday, September 2, 2011

Days Like This

I'm 40 minutes into my two hours free parking, sitting on the third floor of the Fletcher Free Library, and I realize it's days like this that make me feel guilty and keep me from getting work done. I should be working on my syllabus for various classes right now, but what am I doing instead? Sitting here, staring out the window, going back and forth in my head between these two thoughts: "God, it's a GORGEOUS day! I need to be spending time outside. These days won't last much longer," and "I need to be inside so I can get wifi so I can work on my stuff for school. There'll be other nice days." Needless to say, this vacillating between obsessive thoughts (which both make me feel guilty, by the way) is not helping me achieve either goal. So I sit here, staring out the window, wishing I were outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment