Friday, September 23, 2011

Least Complicated

Another Friday night spent at the B & N.  I remember the last time I wrote a post on a similar experience...turns out it was almost exactly two years ago.  I just reread it; it seems I was decidedly more bitter then.  I can't say my mood tonight could be illustrated by unicorns and rainbows, but it is a mood sans edge.

The thing is, here's what I realized (and wanted to share with you):  I chose to be here tonight.  I actually could've gone out with a friend, but I chose to come here.  What's more is, I chose to ride my bike here, and about half way it started raining.  And it's dark (because it's 7:51 pm).  So clearly I really wanted to spend my Friday night at the Noble.

And now that I'm here and I've found a seat that I like reasonably well, I can see why I wanted to come.  They're playing sexy saxy jazz music overhead, and they've just pulled some cinnamon scones out of the oven, and I'm looking around and all the people look normal.  No mental patients pushing napkins like last time.  And this time I'm not running from anything (or anyone).  I'm just hanging out, in my place.

Just thinking and writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment